Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: NIZO 4080???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just wanted to get your opions on this camera, and what would be a good asking price for it? Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's a great camera - the best for sound filming - buy one from German ebay - pay no more than 300 euros. Don't get stung by Dr Peters (notorious bad ebayer with good rating) and search the archives of this forum for "4080" and "6080" for more info - plenty in there - all the info you need!

    Good luck

    Lucas (very happy 6080 owner)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have this camera and love it. I payed $250 for it from Dr. Alex Peters. I didn't have any problems, but I've heard from numerous people who have, so maybe I just plain got lucky.

    If you do get this cam, make sure it has the battery box (holds the 6 aa batteries) which fits into the handle, it is necessary for the camera to run.

    Good luck!!!
    Scott

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    basically the same as the 6080 without the ability to use a 200 ft. mag which is unavailable anyway.
    Also be sure to use the rechargable 1.2 volt aa batteries and not the normal 1.5.
    I got my 6080 from Dr. Peters and got a good one but I'd be wary now from all the talk.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rcroster's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2002
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For 8th Man, or anyone else who can answer this battery question. I just purchased a 6080 from a seller in Germany. Camera is in excellent condition, however, the Accumulator Box electrical receptacle is European and therefore useless to me unless, I suppose, I find an adapter for U.S. outlets. Is there really any problem with using standard AA 1.5V alkaline batteries in terms of camera performance? The only disadvantage I can see is a cost factor, replacing batteries versus recharging them. Any discussion, opinions about this, would be most welcome.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Using 1.5v batteries may, or may not, give you incorrect lightmeter readings, depending on whether or not your camera is a later or earlier 6080 model. In the later models, I am told that it didn't matter as they incorporated a regulator into the circuitry.

    It is really best to stick with the 1.2v rechargeables, though the newer Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh) are about 5 times longer lasting than the older NiCd batteries it suggests in the manuals etc. Use a seperate battery charger for NiMh - the Accu that comes with the camera is for NiCd only, and shouldn't be used with NiMh batteries anyway. (My Nizo accu has a 110/220 switch underneeth, by the way)

    To summarise - buy 6 or 12 Ni-Mh batteries and a dedicated charger for Ni-mH batteries.

    Happy shooting with correct lightmeter readings - oh another point to remember - lots of people report broken 6080 lightmeters (the most susceptible part of that camera) and I'll bet it's due to the use of 1.5v batteries!

    Lucas

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't help with the Euro adapter thing, but I can say that running too many volts though that camera is just bad for it. I've got two of these cameras(6080) and one has a bad meter and will require using hand meter until I get around to getting it fixed. The meter in the the nizo is a good one when it hasn't been fried by 1.5 volt batts.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rcroster's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2002
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lucas, 8th Man, thanks for the information. 1.2V Ni-Mh batteries it shall be. When shooting, I prefer to use an external light meter but I am intent on maintaining the integrity of the internal one as well for whenever it might be needed. With regard to maintenance and repairs to Nizo cameras it sounds like Braun still services these cameras. Is this correct?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think you'll have any luck with Braun aas far as repairs go, but there are still people who can work on them.
    Where are you?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PhilF's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2003
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My main camera is a 4080 and I love it! there are two people that I know of in the States that repaire them. Cameras Pro (www.cameraspro.com) and Duall. Jeff at Duall charges $300.00 for a head to toe and is a great guy. Cameras Pro: The man you want to talk to is Guy. However, I've tried on 4 occassions to get a hold of him and he's never responded.

    My two cents,

    PhilF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •